Topic: Fernside School

Topic type:

Fernside School (O’Roarkes Road, Fernside)

The first Fernside school was a schoolroom built of sun-dried bricks which were then plastered and whitewashed. It was opened in 1866 with a roll of 44, the first head teacher was Mr. A. E. Poore.  In 1879, a new school building was erected, consisting of a main large room and two smaller adjoining rooms, this was used until 1971.

Roll in 2010 - 210 pupils

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion