Bank of New Zealand

Original Filename: P18-031.jpg ( not available for download )

Bank of New Zealand.

Caption

The Bank of New Zealand corner, looking north from High Street up Ashley Street to Mt Grey, probably about 1900.

A BNZ branch opened in Rangiora in 1868 and this building, with a manager's residence on the top floor, was erected in 1881.

Note the maid in uniform in an upstairs window.

The top storey of this building has been moved to Good Street and houses the Rangiora Museum.

 

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion

Bank of New Zealand


Date:ca 1900
Reference Number:P18/031