Blackett and Sons

Original Filename: P17-015.jpg ( not available for download )

Blackett and Sons.

Caption

Henry Blackett opened his first store soon after his arrival in 1858.

The store was remodelled in 1873, as shown here shortly before being demolished in 1910.

The store sold hardware, groceries, wines and spirits, and drapery.

Blackett chose his central site well as the Post Office was eventually built opposite.

 

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion

Blackett and Sons


Reference Number:P17/015