Rangiora Volunteer Fire Brigade

Original Filename: P16-002.jpg ( not available for download )

Rangiora Volunteer Fire Brigade.

Caption

The Rangiora Volunteer Fire Brigade with its Shand Mason 360 gallon per minute vertical steam water pump, about 1900. Imported in 1883 for 460 pounds, the steam engine was replaced in 1927 by a solid tyred Leyland fire engine.

The brigade headquarters are between the Borough Council Chambers and the hose tower.

 

 

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion

Rangiora Volunteer Fire Brigade


Date:ca 1900
Reference Number:P16/002